Monday, July 23, 2012

Using the Pizzazz Pizza Oven to Cook Chicken


Recently, I invited my daughter and her family to live in my place. To my enjoyment they said okay. I am doing this so I can gain admittance to my grandsons, two beautiful dogs, as well as the bonus of a Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven. 
Pizzazz Pizza Oven
Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven

Click Here for Good Prices on the Pizzazz Pizza Oven 

I’ve never noticed one, since I don't consume very much pizza unless somebody else cooks it. My grandson baked a handful of pizzas during his first night at my house and I got captivated. Not just because the frozen pizzas taste like they were delivered, but I also got some inspiration of what else I can bake using this Pizzazz pizza oven.

After a few days, I attempted to cook a couple of grilling recipes that I had. With a few tweaks the recipes had the same flavor, sometimes even tasting better than grilling. Using the Pizzazz pizza oven I was able to finish cooking dinner sooner than I expected.

You may want to try this recipe:


Chicken Strips (Grilled)

·         1 pound raw Chicken Strips

·         1 tablespoon Mrs Dash

·         quarter cup olive oil (virgin)

·         3 huge washed potatoes (each cut into 6 wedges)

·         2 medium sliced tomatoes

·         6-8 pieces of basil leaves (optional)

·         half cup of Parmesan cheese

There’s no necessity to pre-heat but you could spray some PAM on oven’s surface. With the use of 2 zip lock plastic bags, try to divide evenly the olive oil in them. For the first bag, put the chicken inside and zip it. With your hand, move around the chicken until every piece has been coated lightly. Open again the plastic bag then pour a handful of Mrs Dash, zip lock and do it again until such time that the chicken’s coated with spices. Open and start up the Pizzazz pizza oven and start to lay down the chicken.

In the second bag place the potato wedges then repeat similar procedure with the chicken. Make sure that every piece is covered with olive oil. Put them on the oven, skin’s side down. Perhaps, you may need to carefully place the potatoes on the oven, and then keep the covering balanced to make sure you cook it evenly. The chicken and potatoes will cook at similar time limit, around 5 to 7 minutes but that depends on the thickness of both. You don’t have to turn it upside down since the pizza oven heats up on both sides.

At 2 minutes prior to the first cooking is done, it’s time to put the tomatoes on top of the chicken that is being cooked on the oven. Better move a few other items to give some space for tomatoes; you can leave them in the oven once the potatoes’ ready and cooked. You might feel like using a piece of foil under the tomato slices especially when they’re juicy, this might create a bit of a mess on the countertop. Put a tomato slice and a handful of basil leaves, and then sprinkle cheese on top.

This makes a great tasting grilled chicken and potatoes dinner that can be made in minutes using the Pizzazz Pizza Oven.

Here is a Video of the Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven:






No comments:

Post a Comment